New to fundraising and need some ideas? We’ll get you started with some creative ways to raise money and help the animals you love!
In order to maximize your walk efforts, be sure to take full advantage of your social media networks:
- During the months leading up to the Walk, make our Walk logo your profile picture on your favorite social media sites.
- Post regular updates to show the world your hustle! Just click one of the share buttons on your personal page and it’s instantaneous.
- Always thank your donors publically on social media - it's a great way to show them you appreciate their support while inspiring others to follow their lead.
Get your community involved:
- Involve others by throwing a garage sale, bake sale, movie night, or dance party to raise awareness and garner donations.
- Campaign door to door, if your neighborhood allows. Bring your pet along to break the ice!
- Bring in snacks to the office. Your coworkers can have some if they donate to your Walk efforts. Pets aren’t the only ones motivated by food!
Be strategic with your emails:
- Tailor your writing to your audience. Try out several different templates if you have a wide range of groups.
- Be direct and concise. We all tend to ramble when talking about issues close to our hearts.
- Understand the optimal time of day to send your email.
- Don’t be afraid to follow up with those who haven’t read your email. You can tell who reads your email by checking the contacts in your participant center.
- If you are a previous donor, always update your contact list before embarking on your new Walk fundraising efforts.